Ralph,

Definitely a White-crowned Sparrow. A nice feeder bird to see in the snow.
We are in the tail end of their fall migration, but it is still not too
late to find them kicking around. Here is a bar chart showing their
frequency of occurrence in Windham County by week of the year:
https://ebird.org/vt/barchart?r=US-VT-025&bmo=1&emo=12&byr=1900&eyr=2018&spp=whcspa.
Happy birding!

Zac Cota
Teacher Naturalist