I got to Gage Rd in Addison last evening as the sun was setting behind the mountains. I didn't know exactly where the owls had been seen but figured I might see them hunting over the fields. As I passed the old blue house on the left, there, on a pole, was a SEOW! I watched it for a few minutes, but it flew when I rolled forward. It landed on a tree to my left and by backing up, I spent 10-15 minutes getting beautiful looks at it.
As darkness was almost complete I continued on to the end, turned around and while driving out, a Horned Lark flew onto the road and sat in the beams of my headlights while I enjoyed its presence. Hadn’t seen one in quite a while.

Lin,
Visiting Ripton for a few days.

RESIST