Yesterday I had a red-breasted nuthatch appear at y sunflower seed feeder.  Today it was back along with the white-breasted nuthatch and one can easily compare the two birds.  The red-breasted nuthatch has been a rare visitor in the past and has been observed at this time of the year.  As winter arrives they disappear from the feeder.  The usual birds have appeared at the feeder this year, no surprises.  I do have a white throated sparrow yesterday and I just spotted it now.  I think that it is a little earlier than usual, in the past it usually has appeared after the first snow.

Bob Dudley
West Arlington, VT

PS  Non-bird related.  Every year I have a red squirrel at the feeder.  It has not returned this year; however it has been replaced by 2 grey squirrels.  Text me if you want them.  Free to a good home.