On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 5:32 PM roger Klinger <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> If you own, you also have to spend time trying to unload your kids gear
> every year. I just can't see how it's possible to save enough to make the
> various hassles better than leasing.

Yeah, this is a dominant factor in me leaning towards the seasonal rental
(although TEO has graciously offered to donate a setup that he wants to
unload from his own basement which may well fit my kid). I'm not too
worried about adjusting bindings on a 2.5 year old's skis, nor making sure
the bevel and wax choice are well considered for the conditions of the day!

BTW the Ski Rack seasonal rental includes a Jay Peak season pass, which
pays for itself in an instant if you ever plan to take a trip there with
kid(s) - my extended family is doing such a trip this winter so its a no
brainer to rent from there rather than Alpine Shop.