Had one of my worst days ever at Fernie. The mountain seemed cool but management ruined it. It had gotten really warm the day before and they groomed it while still wet. Our first run in the morning was on washboard ice. When I asked for a refund they would only offer me a ticket for the next day, when I was to be on a plane headed home. They had no problem with me leaving angry.

From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Leigh Daboll
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 9:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Boston Ski and snowboard expo and the Toronto Ski Show

Notice: This email is from an external sender. Please use caution before clicking links or opening attachments.

I’m not sure if you have ever been to Fernie, but it’s a pretty cool mountain, especially with the newish Polar Peak chair opening up a bunch of the ridgeline terrain up top.  The only knock on Fernie is it’s low elevation (topping out at <7000’ means it can be susceptible to rainouts, and about the least efficient lift layout of any resort I’ve skied.

If the snow is good, by all means try to fit in a daytrip to Castle Mountain across the provincial border in Alberta.  You won’t regret it.  Castle has some of the longest continuous vertical pitches in Canada, inbound catskiing rides, and no crowds at all on weekdays.

J. LEIGH DABOLL
Barrister & Solicitor
1991 Hansler Street  RR1
Ridgeville ON   L0S 1M0
T:905-892-0569 F:905-892-2986
email: [log in to unmask]
web:  www.jldabolllaw.com

This message (including attachments, if any) is confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the above-named recipient(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please notify us by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited