From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of King, Fred
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Chat/Poetry: Ode to a deceased printer

Esteemed colleagues:

For those of you in the US who are still at work, and those in places where tomorrow isn't a holiday, here's another poem. It's my first try at a Pindaric ode, and for once it's not based on another work-except for the last line. Kudos to anyone who can identify the source. Imagine it being read by Dylan Thomas.

Ode to a Deceased Printer

O laser printer, workhorse of our realm
With PCL 6 proudly at the helm
We welcomed you on your beginning day

Your printouts were a wonder to behold
With illustrations for the tales they told Two-sided printing, and an extra tray

But now you do grow old and out of sorts Make origami printouts of reports And spill out toner fine as any soot I am afraid at last thou art kaput Be off with you, dead printer, through the door!
And dying so, sleep your sleep mode no more

Fred King
Medical Librarian, MedStar Washington Hospital Center [log in to unmask]
202-877-6670
ORCID 0000-0001-5266-0279
MedStar Authors Catalog: http://medstarauthors.org

Somehow it seems I managed to get old.  I really have no idea how that happened.
--Brian Baker

NOTICE: This email has been scanned and scored with the new Cisco Email Security system. THERE IS NO ACTION REQUIRED of you. As always, DO NOT OPEN OR CLICK ANY LINKS on messages from unrecognized or suspicious senders. Questions can be directed to the CSC at 844-255-8323, option 1.