This is just my opinion, but when I was going to law school it was a real
drag when people would be loud in the law library.  Personally, I think
people associate libraries with quiet spaces (the whole stereotype of the
librarian going "shush" thing), and it can be hard to study when there are
too many distractions.  Since you said that there are other spaces in the
building where students can study collaboratively, I would designate the
entire library, except for the walled-off study rooms, as quiet space.  If
people want to work on a group project, they can sign up to use the study
rooms, or they can go somewhere else in the building.  It might be
different in a public library where a big function of the space is to bring
the community together, but in a medical library it would seem that the
higher priority would be to give the medical students adequate quiet space
to concentrate.  If they need a bit of background noise to concentrate,
they can always bring earphones and listen to music on their phones.  Just
my two cents for whatever they're worth.

All my very best,

Annie

*Schultz Legal Services, PLLC*
*Ann M. Schultz, Esq.*
*Licensed to Practice Law, State Bar of Michigan (P70355)*
*Estate Planning * Elder Law * Family Law * Business Law*
Office Address: 704 Huron Avenue, Port Huron, Michigan  48060
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Mobile/Office Telephone: (810) 858-7867
Home Telephone: (810) 385-5696
Alternate Office Telephone: (810) 982-9991
Office Fax: (810) 982-6650

State Bar of Michigan Lawyer Profile:
https://www.zeekbeek.com/lawyers/48060-MI-Ann-Schultz-62782

* Juris Doctor, Certificate in Health Law, Michigan State University
College of Law
* Master's Degree in Library & Information Science, Certificate in
Information Management, Wayne State University School of Library &
Information Science
* Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology & English, Albion College

"What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each
other."

     ~ George Eliot ~

"I know in my heart that man is good.  That what is right will always
eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life."

     ~ Epitaph on Ronald Reagan's Grave Stone ~

"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable
the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of
hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish
yourself if you forget the errand."

     ~ Woodrow Wilson ~

"It always seems impossible until it's done."

     ~ Nelson Mandela ~

Legal Disclaimer: The transmitted material is intended only for the use of
the addressee. It may contain confidential, proprietary and / or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please be
aware that any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication, in whole or in part, is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail reply or by
phone (810-858-7867), delete the communication and destroy any copies.

E-mail Warning: This e-mail was swept for computer viruses. However, we
cannot guarantee that the integrity of this e-mail has been maintained in
transmission and do not accept responsibility for the consequences of any
virus contamination.