Dear Len,

I would like to send a technician from our lab to the October course.
Her English is probably at a sufficient level. Though she is somewhat
experienced I expect a very positive impact of learning from different
perspectives.

Best

Stephan

Am 17.12.2018 um 11:05 schrieb WASSENAAR, Leonard Irwin:
> Dear Colleagues –
>
> The IAEA Isotope Hydrology Laboratory is offering a 1-week intensive
> liquid water laser spectroscopy (d^2 H, d^18 O) technical training
> courses.  In 2019 the following course dates available:
>
> Course 1: 18-22 March, 2019 (8 openings)
>
> Course 2: 7-11 October, 2019 (8 openings)
>
> Instruments:
>
> ·Picarro – 2130/2140 liquid water isotope analyzers  (4 participants)
>
> ·Los Gatos Research – enhanced liquid water isotope analyzers  (8
> participants)
>
> The 5-day course is intended for users with little stable isotope
> measurement experience; and preference will be given to those applicants.
>
> Tuition: No Cost
>
> Travel and Accommodation: Cost is the responsibility of the student or
> her/his organization (no grants available)
>
> Travel VISAS:  Depending on the country, normal Austrian VISA entry
> requirements apply
>
> Nomination:  Trainees must be nominated by their National Mission to the
> IAEA
>
> Syllabus:
>
> ·Installation of laser instruments and autosamplers
>
> ·Testing instruments for performance
>
> ·LIMS for Lasers Data Processing Software, Analysis Templates
>
> ·Student sample test projects
>
> ·Laboratory measurement standards
>
> ·Troubleshooting, spectral contamination, care and repair of lasers and
> autosampler
>
> ·Syringes, pipettes, vials, consumables, etc.
>
> ·Fundamentals of isotope measurements and isotope hydrology
>
> Instructors: IAEA Isotope Hydrology Laboratory Staff
>
> Working Language: English  (French and Spanish supported)
>
> Outcome: Competency in operation of liquid water stable isotope laser
> analyzer.  An IAEA  Certificate of Completion will be awarded.
>
> *Deadline for March Course:  January 11, 2019  (first come, first served
> basis).*
>
> Please reply me by email (DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST) if you are
> interested in attending one of these courses. Please advise which
> instrument you are using, and your level of experience.
>
> Len
>
> *Leonard WASSENAAR, Ph.D. *|Team Leader |
>
> Division of Physical and Chemical Sciences | Department of Nuclear
> Sciences and Applications|
>
> International Atomic Energy Agency| Vienna International Centre, PO Box
> 100, 1400 Vienna, Austria |
>
> Email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>| T: (+43-1)
> 2600-21766
>
> *ATOMS FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT*
>
> This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient.
> Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be
> privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not
> the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
> communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to
> this message and then delete it from your system.

Dr. Stephan Weise
Radioaktive Umweltisotope/Radioactive Environmental Isotopes
Department Catchment Hydrology

Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung GmbH - UFZ
Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research GmbH - UFZ
Theodor-Lieser-Str. 4, 06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
Phone +49 345 558 5435
[log in to unmask], www.ufz.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Leipzig
Registergericht/Registration Office: Amtsgericht Leipzig
Handelsregister Nr./Trade Register Nr.: B 4703
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
MinDirig Wilfried Kraus
Wissenschaftlicher Geschäftsführer/Scientific Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Georg Teutsch
Administrative Geschäftsführerin/Administrative Managing Director:
Prof. Dr. Heike Graßmann (komm./interim)