HI Bob--

I'll flush tubes being prepped for DIC work in a glove bag (with He).†
It does take time, especially sealing tubes inside a glove bag.† In that
case, I didn't have to worry about carbonate dust in that case.

I've also hooked up a glass capillary to a tank and inserted into an
open vial partially covered with a cap.† That work pretty good for N2.†
If using He, I'd cap the tubes and use a 20 Ga needle. The capillary
would pass thru the 20 Ga needle inserted thru the cap.† When done, draw
up capillary into the needle (do not pull capillary out of needle), then
pull the needle out.† You too can be your own autosampler ;)

You'll need to work out the timings and flow rates (ca 50 to 100 mL/min)
that work for you.† And since you're working with carbonates, you need
to make sure you are not kicking up dust and cross contaminating samples.

take care,

gerry