Dear Andrew,

To help you with your question one would need to know a few more specifics such as chemical nature of the organic solid and d2H values of the 2 waters A and B used for the exchange experiment for starters.

You are welcome to contact me off-line if you feel you cannot share the specifics of your experiment with the list.

Best,

Wolfram

Prof. Dr W Meier-Augenstein, CChem, FRSC
Stable Isotope Forensics & Analytical Sciences

Robert Gordon University
School of Pharmacy and Life Sciences
The Ian Wood Building
Garthdee Road