Hi Bob,
I think the most time consuming step in a carbonate method on the MultiFlow
is actually the acid delivery.
18 min per sample for some 200 microliters on my machine as opposed to 5
min for He flushing. Thanks to a stupid, belt driven pump.
Can be sped up by manually adding acid (after flushing) with a Hamilton
syringe or similar.
cheers
Chris

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 at 04:40, Michener, Robert H <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I’m hoping to get started with some backlogged carbonate samples. We have
> a MultiFlow to flush the vials, but to save time I’m thinking of flushing
> the vials in a glove bag. Has anyone tried this? And would argon work as a
> flush gas (I have a tank on hand)?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Bob
>

> ***********
>
> Robert Michener
>
> IRMS Laboratory Manager
>
> Boston University Stable Isotope Laboratory
>
> Department of Biology
>
> 5 Cummington Mall
>
> Boston, MA  02215
>

> Voice: 617-353-6980
>
> Fax: 617-353-6340
>
> Email: [log in to unmask]
>
> Website:  www.bu.edu/sil/
>
> "You are what you eat, plus a few permil!"

*University of Tasmania │CSL - Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry*

Dr. Christian Dietz, Facility Manager *│*Private Bag 74, Hobart, 7005
Tasmania

 ( Tel: (+61) 3 6226 7820, cell phone: (+61) 4 9780 8570 *│*URL: Central
Science Laboratory
<http://www.utas.edu.au/research/central-science-laboratory>

This message is intended exclusively for its adressee and may contain
immediately notify us via e-mail and delete.