Hi Bob,
I think the most time consuming step in a carbonate method on the MultiFlow is actually the acid delivery.
18 min per sample for some 200 microliters on my machine as opposed to 5 min for He flushing. Thanks to a stupid, belt driven pump.
Can be sped up by manually adding acid (after flushing) with a Hamilton syringe or similar.
cheers
Chris