Did you try straight out ³muffling² at 550C for a couple of hours?

Marilyn Fogel

From:  Stable Isotope Geochemistry <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of
"Munizzi, Jordon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at 10:33 AM
To:  <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  [ISOGEOCHEM] Oxidized silver capsules

Hi everyone,

In the wild days before it became a cost center, someone purchased many
thousands of silver capsules for our TC/EA. Unfortunately, most have
oxidized just in time for us to get our TC/EA up and running. Even some of
the capsules that appear unoxidized are giving us blank issues.

Has anyone tried to salvage oxidized silver capsules? I'm thinking of
setting up something to stream hydrogen over a load of capsules while gently
heating them, but perhaps there's another way? Preferably one that doesn't
involve the phrase "just throw them out and buy more"?

All input is much appreciated,

Jordon

Jordon Munizzi, PhD

Research Facility Manager