Hello all,

I have recently been sent dried K2SO4 salts from soil microbial biomass sample extractions.  I am getting too little response for nitrogen in particular to get robust results.  It will be a while before I am able to communicate with the preparer of these samples to determine the particulars of their method.  In the meantime, I would like to be more educated on what may have worked for others in terms of extraction ratios, salt weights, etc.  Does anyone have experience with CFE that can give pointers or cautions that might help increase the amount of nitrogen in the samples?

Thanks

Brett

Brett Hill

Stable Isotope Lab

Agriculture and Agrifood Canada

Lethbridge Research and Development Centre

5403 1st Av. S.

Lethbridge, AB.

T1J 4B1

403-317-3455