From: "Munizzi, Jordon" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2018 18:33:21 +0000
Subject: [ISOGEOCHEM] Oxidized silver capsules

Hi everyone,

In the wild days before it became a cost center, someone purchased many thousands of silver capsules for our TC/EA. Unfortunately, most have oxidized just in time for us to get our TC/EA up and running. Even some of the capsules that appear unoxidized are giving us blank issues.

Has anyone tried to salvage oxidized silver capsules? I'm thinking of setting up something to stream hydrogen over a load of capsules while gently heating them, but perhaps there's another way? Preferably one that doesn't involve the phrase "just throw them out and buy more"?

All input is much appreciated,

Jordon

Jordon Munizzi, PhD

Research Facility Manager