Dear Colleagues –
The IAEA Isotope Hydrology Laboratory is offering a 1-week intensive liquid water laser spectroscopy (d2H, d18O) technical training courses. In 2019 the following course dates available:
Course 1: 18-22 March, 2019 (8 openings)
Course 2: 7-11 October, 2019 (8 openings)
· Picarro – 2130/2140 liquid water isotope analyzers (4 participants)
· Los Gatos Research – enhanced liquid water isotope analyzers (8 participants)
The 5-day course is intended for users with little stable isotope measurement experience; and preference will be given to those applicants.
Tuition: No Cost
Travel and Accommodation: Cost is the responsibility of the student or her/his organization (no grants available)
Travel VISAS: Depending on the country, normal Austrian VISA entry requirements apply
Nomination: Trainees must be nominated by their National Mission to the IAEA
· Installation of laser instruments and autosamplers
· Testing instruments for performance
· LIMS for Lasers Data Processing Software, Analysis Templates
· Student sample test projects
· Laboratory measurement standards
· Troubleshooting, spectral contamination, care and repair of lasers and autosampler
· Syringes, pipettes, vials, consumables, etc.
· Fundamentals of isotope measurements and isotope hydrology
Instructors: IAEA Isotope Hydrology Laboratory Staff
Working Language: English (French and Spanish supported)
Outcome: Competency in operation of liquid water stable isotope laser analyzer. An IAEA Certificate of Completion will be awarded.
Deadline for March Course: January 11, 2019 (first come, first served basis).
Please reply me by email (DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST) if you are interested in attending one of these courses. Please advise which instrument you are using, and your level of experience.
Leonard WASSENAAR, Ph.D. |Team Leader |
Division of Physical and Chemical Sciences | Department of Nuclear Sciences and Applications|
International Atomic Energy Agency | Vienna International Centre, PO Box 100, 1400 Vienna, Austria |
ATOMS FOR PEACE AND DEVELOPMENT
This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.