Dear friends and colleagues,

(We apologise for cross-posting).

*We would like to invite you to submit your abstracts to our session
on Palaeoclimate records and atmospheric circulation patterns at INQUA 2019
*(Dublin, Ireland, 25-31 July). Abstract submission is now open until January
9th

Please find session details below:

INQUA Commission: Palaeoclimate

Session Title: Palaeoclimate records and atmospheric circulation patterns

Convenors: Armand Hernández ( <[log in to unmask]>
[log in to unmask]), Celia Martin-Puertas (
<[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]) and Laia
Comas Bru ( <[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask])

Description of Session: This session aims to provide new insights into how
proxy-based signals may be controlled by large-scale atmospheric
circulation modes associated with past climate changes. Despite the
significant advances in proxy-based reconstructions and climate model
estimates, issues such as spatio-temporal discrepancies in the proxy
signals and good reproducibility of these climate reconstructions by models
remain unclear. Resolving these issues is crucial to assessing the ability
of specific proxy data to capture past climates and to provide tests for
ocean-atmosphere general circulation models. We welcome studies of past
atmospheric climate patterns during the Holocene over a range of timescales
(annual to centennial), captured by any climate proxy type (marine and/or
terrestrial). We encourage contributions that integrate both climate
modelling and field/proxy data as a way to foster model-data comparison.

Call for abstracts (deadline: January 9):
http://www.inqua2019.org/call-for-abstracts/

Registration details (deadline super early registration: January 16):
<http://www.inqua2019.org/registration/>
http://www.inqua2019.org/registration/
We would be grateful if you could bring this notice to the attention of
your colleagues.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Dublin!

Kind Regards,

Armand Hernández
Celia Martin-Puertas
Laia Comas Bru