Dear friends and colleagues,

(We apologise for cross-posting).

We would like to invite you to submit your abstracts to our session on Palaeoclimate records and atmospheric circulation patterns at INQUA 2019 (Dublin, Ireland, 25-31 July). Abstract submission is now open until January 9th

Please find session details below:

INQUA Commission: Palaeoclimate

Session Title: Palaeoclimate records and atmospheric circulation patterns

Convenors: Armand Hernández ([log in to unmask]), Celia Martin-Puertas ([log in to unmask]) and Laia Comas Bru ([log in to unmask])

Description of Session: This session aims to provide new insights into how proxy-based signals may be controlled by large-scale atmospheric circulation modes associated with past climate changes. Despite the significant advances in proxy-based reconstructions and climate model estimates, issues such as spatio-temporal discrepancies in the proxy signals and good reproducibility of these climate reconstructions by models remain unclear. Resolving these issues is crucial to assessing the ability of specific proxy data to capture past climates and to provide tests for ocean-atmosphere general circulation models. We welcome studies of past atmospheric climate patterns during the Holocene over a range of timescales (annual to centennial), captured by any climate proxy type (marine and/or terrestrial). We encourage contributions that integrate both climate modelling and field/proxy data as a way to foster model-data comparison.

Call for abstracts (deadline: January 9):
http://www.inqua2019.org/call-for-abstracts/

Registration details (deadline super early registration: January 16): http://www.inqua2019.org/registration/
We would be grateful if you could bring this notice to the attention of your colleagues.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Dublin!

Kind Regards,

Armand Hernández
Celia Martin-Puertas
Laia Comas Bru