April Hallock has been using VoiceThread for artist reflections.
That could be combined with QR or perhaps even AR

Also have you seen Virtual Reality Tours created with  ThingLink and 360
cameras. I was just thinking of the ways  Lisa Cacciatore from Castleton
has been integrating these technologies.
Lisa  can you share a link to an example from some of the work you have
done.