Hi all;

I am wondering how you are storing the Name/Gender information for
trans-gendered students in your current SISs.

In the past, we have changed the fields on our student's record.  Since we
manually submitted the student's data via the census, this was not an issue.

Now (however) our SIS Vendor will be pushing this data automatically for
us.  Currently, there is only one set of fields that contain the student's
name and gender.  I have been told by the AOE that we must submit a
student's legal name when collecting data. This would make our current
process of storing the legal name externally useless when submitting data.

Is anyone looking at this issue?  How do you handle it.  Do I understand
the issue correctly?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Randy Wood

Data Manager - Winooski School District

Winooski, VT 05404

802-383-6095

The information contained in this communication, including any
attachments, is confidential, constitutes privileged communication,
and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  This message may
not be forwarded without prior consent from the sender. The
information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded
under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school
district policies.  Any unauthorized
use, forwarding, distribution, disclosure, printing or copying is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-383-6000,
or return e-mail and delete any copies of this message immediately.
Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise
the confidential nature of the communication.