We have not been happy with Schooldude, and are implementing KACE as
windows endpoint management and inventory, as well as ticketing/workflow
system.  We are just at the beginning stages of the process.  We barcode
everything over $250.00.   KACE has a mobile app that will scan barcodes.

We use Google for Chrome device management, and JAMF for Mac/IOS devices.

Craig

Craig Donnan, MA, CETL
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
2 Educational Drive | Essex Jct, VT 05452

Office: 802-857-7130

___________________________________

*For immediate assistance call:*
*Helpdesk Office Hours 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM*
*EWSD Technology Department*
*Internally: 1234*
*Externally: 802-857-7777*

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:26 AM Ethan Kichura <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Trey,
>
> Up where we are, we honestly do it old school and keep most of our logs
> through spreadsheets, but a better long-term solution would be to switch to
> using an MDM solution like Meraki or KACE. The latter is a great service
> that was formerly owned by Dell and not only allows you to manage updates
> remotely, but to also check for security policies & general compliance for
> global settings. You can use it to push out updates, etc... Generally
> speaking it does rely on managing a centralized Active Directory database
> to help guide permissions and whatnot, but the overall deployment was
> something that made a big difference at my previous job down in Boston. We
> used it to manage resources that my company there had all across the nation
> and it made everything much, much clearer from a top-down perspective. We
> did do asset tags that were used to register and manage devices. I don't
> honestly know the pricetag for that service though, as I was not privy to
> that specific detail, but if you contact them you could probably get a
> reasonable quote pretty quick. I recall the reason we had moved to KACE was
> the dramatically lower price relative to Meraki.
>
> Hope that helps!
> --------------------
> *Technology Coordinator*
> Highgate Elementary School
> 219 Gore Rd.
> Highgate Center, VT
> (802) 868-4170
> --
> *Technical Problems?*
> Submit a Support Request <https://fnwsu.mojohelpdesk.com/login>!
> Or call me (*ext. 204)*
> --
>

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:21 AM Trey Cates <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Friends,
>>
>> What program do you use to keep a comprehensive inventory of all things
>> tech? Computing devices, Classroom tech, etc.? What do you pay for it? Do
>> you also asset tag everything? Barcode?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Trey Cates
>> Technology Coordinator
>> Central Vermont Supervisory Union
>> 37 Cross Street, Unit 1
>> Northfield, Vermont 05663
>> Telephone: (802) 485-5467 (Technology Team Office), (802) 485-5812 (My
>> Direct Line)
>> Fax: (802) 485-3348

The
information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is
confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for
the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
(FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding,
distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please
notify us immediately at 802-857-7777 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this
communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the
communication.