I believe that the drone would have to be registered and any pilot of that
drone would have to get a license because you are operating it as part of
your work and not necessarily as your hobby. I know that's how it's treated
at Middlebury College, and I'm unsure why K-12 would be any different.
There is a knowledgeable and generous Facebook group called Vermont Drone
Pilots <> that could be a great
resource for you on this and related questions. Tons of information on the FAA
UAS site <> as well that governs the answers to
these questions.


On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 10:06 AM Bjorn Behrendt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I want to get the school into drones (considering the Parrot Mambo edu
> kit).   Does anyone know about the requirements for schools and drones?
> Like FAA registration? or drone license requirements.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> *Bjorn Behrendt M.ed*
> Integration Coach: Slate Valley Unified School District
> Phone: (802) 265 4966 x2405
> *Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember. Involve me and I'll
> understand.*
> *~Confucius*
> Slate Valley Unified School District <>
> ***PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This communication, including attachments,
> is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary,
> confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is
> strictly prohibited. If you're not the intended recipient, please notify
> the sender immediately by return email and delete this communication and
> destroy all copies.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Search <> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
> Manage <> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT

*Tim O'Leary*
Digital Learning Leader
Shelburne Community School
Champlain Valley School District (VT)

(802) 985-3331 Ext. 149 (office)
CVSD Digital Learning Website
Twitter: @TimOLeary_VT <>