we have 5 at our school. We just went for it. The only regulations we are
aware of is the height at which they can fly. As far as the height goes, I
don't remember the altitude but we set a "wall" on the motherboard to
return the drone to a lower height if you blast it too high.

Students used a kit we found on amazon that used a dji flight controller
that allows us to set those limits. the servos are a 1000K dji also, I
think. I'd have to pull one out and look closer. Similarly, the remote is a
generic remote that we found fairly cheap on amazon.

We just went for it, figured fly first then respond to complaints and
questions later : )

I'm in the process of getting some of these for students as well...
https://locorobo.co/locodrone.html