Good morning!  Are we Ready for a Fun Week introducing your students to the
power of code!  Let's celebrate and showcase Vermont's participation.  Once
again Vita-Learn and Vermont Agency of Education will be showcasing Vermont
school participation at
http://thinkaboutcode.blogspot.com

Peter and I have organized some  special events and guest speakers around
Vermont this week, along with over 10 ways you can share your own events
and student participation.

Let's tell the story together!

https://thinkaboutcode.blogspot.com/p/add-your-voice.html

[image: vtedhoc.png]
[image: vtedhoc2.png]

Here is a cheat sheet with all you need to know to share!

http://bit.ly/vtedHourofCode

*Code *with your students. . Don’t just watch them code! Experience the
mindset that comes with learning to code yourself! Don’t forget to document
your learning and reflect on it. Register your school and select one of the
many activities found on the national Hour of Code website
<https://hourofcode.com/us>!

*Connect *your school with other schools, role models, guest speakers via
LIVE Stream or asynchronously via VoiceThread (Instructions)

*CoAuthor *a Book that tells the story of Vermont schools participation in
2018 Computer Science Education Week #HourOfCode (Instructions)

*CoProduce* #vted video vignettes using WeVideo or other video creation
tools (Instructions)

*Contribute* to a Showcase of Vermont school’s participation via pictures,
movies, or other updates so they appear on our Vermont Hour of Code Gallery
and Photo Stream

http://thinkaboutcode.blogspot.com

--
Lucie deLaBruere