Peplink is a Chinese company with impressive technology.  The eight balancing algorithms give you the flexibility to do the load balancing in such a way that none of your users are affected.  This model can handle up to 1 Gig traffic non-blocking.  As you might imagine it does cost a bit.

Craig Lyndes
Retired

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 6:05 AM Alex Webster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

What are you using for a firewall?

Not sure how common it is, but for our office, we only had DSL lines so I had to load balance between 4 WAN connections. We also needed to force phone traffic over one of the four lines, while data went over the other 3 in round robin. We accomplished this with pfsense, so the cost was right.

Alex Webster

603-915-3014

From: School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Robert Wickberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 8:38:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Failover Internet Connection?

We have two internet connections with two different vendors, but when I tried to set up our firewall to load balance it didn't work very well, so I have it set so some of the schools use to one connection and others use  the other, a crude form of load balancing. So if one fails, it would take me a minute or so to change the firewall config to put all the traffic on the working one.  Good enough for school purposes.