Hi all;

I am wondering how you are storing the Name/Gender information for trans-gendered students in your current SISs.

In the past, we have changed the fields on our student's record.  Since we manually submitted the student's data via the census, this was not an issue.

Now (however) our SIS Vendor will be pushing this data automatically for us.  Currently, there is only one set of fields that contain the student's name and gender.  I have been told by the AOE that we must submit a student's legal name when collecting data. This would make our current process of storing the legal name externally useless when submitting data.

Is anyone looking at this issue?  How do you handle it.  Do I understand the issue correctly?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Randy Wood

Data Manager - Winooski School District

Winooski, VT 05404

802-383-6095
The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential, constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.  This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized
use, forwarding, distribution, disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at
802-383-6000, or return e-mail and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.