I checked.  For students, the extract will pull legal_firstname,
legal_last_name, legal_middle Name, if they exist, and fall back to the
common name if not.  For suffix, it uses legal_suffix only, there's no
common suffix, the common thing to do is put suffix in the last name field
which SLDS will not allow.  For gender, it just uses students.gender.  That
will prove to be a problem, because if a kid defines themselves as
non-binary or gender fluid, we leave that blank.

For staff, it just uses the common name, which could be a problem, because
some staff don't want to use their legal name with kids, they want a
nickname, and the common name is what shows up in kid's schedules.  I'll
have to talk to Powerschool about that.

If you have Powerschool, and haven't done it already, I'd create a custom
screen that displays the legal name.  I don't think it appears on any stock
PS screen, even though the fields exist.

--
Bob Wickberg
Technology Coordinator