It would be great if the queries for the state reporting (built by
PowerSchool) could do the same with gender as they do with the names...
Look to legal name first, if populated, use it, if empty, fall back to the
stock gender field. That way you don't necessarily have to populate the
legal gender field for everyone and worry about missing records, but for
students with gender preferences, etc. (per your district), you can
populate only a handful of records using the legal gender field.

Do you think that could be passed along to the state report writers you
have been working with? You may have already done that.

Michelle M. Devino
Data Manager
Colchester School District

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is intended only for the use of the
that is protected student information, privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under FERPA.  If you have received this communication in
error, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the
sender by reply e-mail and delete the original message immediately.