There are limits to how high a version you can update the devices to, but
providing you are on a device that is capable of receiving an update, you
would have to log into the CB with a GSuites Admin account, and then in
"settings">>"About Chrome". There you can check for updates and push that
out manually by downloading and then restarting the device. Before you do
that though, you would have to go into GSuites to turn off any settings
that restrict updates to a certain version (if you have that feature
enabled).

This will generally work, but there are devices that will not get the
message so to speak and will sometimes not update as you're seeing there.
For those devices, I have had to deprovision them and powerwash the
devices. It is a pain if you have more than one or two to do in this way
and since I support a school with several hundred of these devices now...
The amount of lost time I would have to spend on this process is well
beyond the value of lost support to my staff that it would cost to do so.

I believe there is also a way to do the update through the Developer
Console as well, but I have not tested that to be sure.

Ethan Kichura
*Technology Coordinator*
Highgate Elementary School
219 Gore Rd.