There are limits to how high a version you can update the devices to, but providing you are on a device that is capable of receiving an update, you would have to log into the CB with a GSuites Admin account, and then in "settings">>"About Chrome". There you can check for updates and push that out manually by downloading and then restarting the device. Before you do that though, you would have to go into GSuites to turn off any settings that restrict updates to a certain version (if you have that feature enabled).

This will generally work, but there are devices that will not get the message so to speak and will sometimes not update as you're seeing there. For those devices, I have had to deprovision them and powerwash the devices. It is a pain if you have more than one or two to do in this way and since I support a school with several hundred of these devices now... The amount of lost time I would have to spend on this process is well beyond the value of lost support to my staff that it would cost to do so.

I believe there is also a way to do the update through the Developer Console as well, but I have not tested that to be sure.

Ethan Kichura
Technology Coordinator
Highgate Elementary School
219 Gore Rd.