Yes, After 3 it is manual. Are you Chromebooks End Of Life (EOL)?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM Nancy Colbourn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Some Chromebooks (variety of brands and last 3 years) are not updating,
> including manually. None are close to end of life.  Even a new CTL's on v70
> won't update.
>
> Auto Update Settings:  Allow auto-updates
> Restrictions:  No Restriction
> A manual update returns with - Your CB is up to date
>
> We usually freeze the version during SBAC, and I turned that off when
> school started.
> According to:Google+ (Scott Patrick)
>  If for any reason the CB's don't receive updates and fall behind more
> than 3 versions, then they will no longer automatically update. At this
> point you must do a USB Recovery on them.
>
> Wanted to be sure people knew about this 3 version limit.
>
> Nancy Colbourn
> Champlain Valley School District

Roger Saffle Jr.
Technology Coordinator
Highland Local Schools
(330)239-1901
"Wherever you go, there you are"  -Buckaroo Banzai

--

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This message may contain confidential
information, including, but not limited to, student personally identifiable