From: Anne
Date: Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:03 AM
Subject: Racist pseudo-science appointment at Cambridge
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Phil,

St Edmund's college in Cambridge has just appointed Noal Carl, a regular at the London Conference on Intelligence and frequent co-author with Emil Kirkegaard from Richard Lynn's Ulster Institute for Social Research to a junior research fellowship. (Detailed background notes here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v5n6HGGS5UYNfjsMWFJ3eGfzj0dhu_DauOD9YFE1Z8c/edit?usp=sharing

There is a very impressive protest campaign developing among students at the college, with over 200 signatories to a letter raising concerns about both the appointment process and the content of his proposed "research".

Academics at Cambridge have initiated the letter below - please sign and encourage others to do so. We are particularly keen to have academics in relevant disciplines represented. If you know colleagues who could help with this campaign from a perspective of debunking the claims of "race science" and can put them in touch that would be really helpful.

 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScQ7USuEiXerssvGtJJC1D5aBX94h7f__dcWf7EIsesY4V5Nw/viewform

The letter is not yet public but we expect it will be made public soon as the circulation increases. We also expect a lot of hostile attention from the far right and right wing media so the more people who sign now the better placed we will be to organise an effective campaign.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Best wishes
Anne