I'm always curious what results are on other VT CBCs.  I'm posting our 'in the mtns' results from the Winhall count.  We had exceptionally high Wild Turkey reports and counts during count week although not recorded on count day.  Feeder observers also reported lower species visits than 'ususal' on count day. Mild temperatures and fewer observers may have contributed to low counts for this CBC.  But our highlight was a Brown Thrasher.  The BCCH counts rebounded from last year's lowest count (134) and the Junco count fell far flat at 7 from 2018 count of all time high of 527.

Winhall, VT  CBC  Dec 15, 2018     Ruth Stewart - compiler

Species Number; Max #/in what count yr; # of Counts seen

Ruffed Grouse  1 16/93 42

Wild Turkey  153 153/119 27

Cooper's Hawk 1 1/119 8

Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  36 285/95 42

Mourning Dove 18 146/102 43

Great Horned Owl 1 2/73 14

Red-bellied Woodpecker 1 4/112 11

Downy Woodpecker 24 39/107 52

Hairy Woodpecker 19 43/110 52

Blue Jay 54 485/109 52

American Crow 11 295/101 47

Common Raven 3 42/78 46

Black-capped Chickadee 462 905/89 52

Tufted Titmouse 41 41/119 36

Red-breasted Nuthatch 19 102/92 51

White-breasted Nuthatch 55 74/90 52

Brown Creeper 2 20/89 46

Brown Thrasher 1 US, 1/119 2

European Starling 1 535/108 49

Dark-eyed Junco (Slatecolored)  7 527/118 44

White-throated Sparrow 3 19/118 23

Northern Cardinal 7 25/118 45

Red-winged Blackbird cw 2/88 9

House Finch 1 134/95 28

American Goldfinch 5 237/101 45

Evening Grosbeak 41 517/83 39

House Sparrow 5 210/92 49

Total Individuals 972                       Total Species Reported 26

Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset, VT