https://skiteam.shipskis.com

Never used the service for skis/snowboards... so cannot answer your questions directly.

Have used shipsticks.com for flog clubs, and shipsticks' service is reliable. You can pack in soft case but a plastic case is obviously more protective. Shipsticks uses either UPS or FedEx depending on service area and their negotiated rates with the shipper.

Early arrival should be fine at most hotels. The shipper may be able to fine tune the delivery date to accommodate your schedule if the hotel is not receptive.

/Bruno