Invitation to Psi Chi International Honorary Society in Psychology Membership
Dear psychology major or minor,
The University of Vermont Chapter of Psi Chi cordially invites you to apply for membership. Psi Chi is the International Honor Society in Psychology, and membership depends upon class standing, academic achievement and volunteer service. Membership is a lifetime honor, and our members enjoy an array of benefits.
To be eligible in the UVM Chapter, you must have:
· junior or senior standing,
· completed a minimum of 15 credits in psychology,
· an overall GPA of 3.3, and
· evidence of volunteer service related to psychological science which can include Psychology Club activities.
FIRST, you will submit the attached PERSONAL ESSAY addressing the following two areas:
(1) What your major/minor has meant to you; what you have learned about yourself and the world while a student at UVM and how you plan to apply it and
(2) A description of your community service in metal health settings you have performed while at UVM as a member of Psychology Club and/or on your own.
Additionally, you will be asked to report your current GPA, class standing, major/minor and PSYS credit total.
Your PERSONAL ESSAY is due MARCH 29, 2019
SECOND, if you qualify, you will receive an e-mail confirmation regarding our decision.
DO NOT COMPLETE THE STEPS BELOW PRIOR TO RECEIVING THIS CONFIRMATION!
To complete the application process after this notification, please follow the instructions below:
(or click “Apply for Membership!” at the www.psichi.org homepage, bottom right)
2. Read the qualifications for application and select APPLY NOW
3. Choose University of Vermont from the Local Chapter drop-down menu and fill out the application including your name, e-mail address, and student ID No.
4. At the bottom of the page, check the box authorizing the faculty advisor to review your college records to determine eligibility
5. Add your Name/Signature and select SUBMIT
Should you be selected, your one lifetime membership fee will be $55. This fee must be paid prior to the INDUCTION CEREMONY to complete the application process.
If you have any questions about the membership application, please feel free to contact
Aly Spencer Judith Christensen, Ph.D.
President Faculty Advisor
To unsubscribe from the PSYSMINORSSENIORS list, click the following link: