Hi again,
OK, I take your point here that in Bill Gates's mind he wanted to use vaccines to save children's lives so that their parents would not want to have more kids -- a pretty dumb reversal of cause and effect, but okay. Maybe his intentions on that score are okay, even if his plan is nuts. Maybe.

So now we return to the actual arguments -- Bill Gates here was a side trip (even though I'm the one who introduced it). There's a difference between kids dying from measles in Madagascar and getting measles (or other diseases) here in the U.S., where most people have access to clean drinking water and sanitation -- and obtain lifetime immunity from having that disease as a child.

Mitchel