---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Brandy Doyle, CREDO Action <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 11:15 AM
Subject: Stand up for science (signatures needed)

*Tell the EPA: Don't delete climate science
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/EPA-dontdelete?t=4&akid=32043%2E2153057%2ELqVyoj>*

*The petition to the EPA reads:*
*"Stop censoring science on EPA.gov and provide Americans with the
information we need to act on the climate crisis."*

Add your name:
[image: Sign the petition ►]
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/EPA-dontdelete?t=5&akid=32043%2E2153057%2ELqVyoj>

Dear Philip,
[image: Tell the EPA: Don't delete climate science]
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/EPA-dontdelete?t=6&akid=32043%2E2153057%2ELqVyoj>

Just days after Trump took office, the EPA started erasing the words
“climate change” across its website.1 The goal was clear: Hide the climate
crisis so that oil, coal and gas companies can keep making billions.

*But making the words vanish didn’t make the crisis disappear.* And just
because we know that Trump's EPA officials are corrupt does not mean we can
let them off the hook. The EPA serves the public. We need the agency
responsible for environmental protection to tell the truth about climate
change.

It’s time to tell EPA: Stop censoring science. Put the facts about climate
change front and center on EPA.gov now.

*Tell the EPA: Stand up for science. Put the facts on climate change back
on the EPA website. Click here to sign the petition.
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/EPA-dontdelete?t=7&akid=32043%2E2153057%2ELqVyoj>*

After two years under the Trump administration, the EPA website is riddled
with missing links and redirecting pages that obscure once easily found
information. One section that provided local communities with resources for
fighting climate change disappeared for months. When it reappeared, it
included just 175 of its 380 pages.2

*Public information on climate change matters.* Without it, many people
won't recognize the severity of the crisis and will not be motivated to act
– which is part of why the EPA wants to hide it. Pretending the climate
crisis doesn’t exist also helps the EPA to justify ignoring it in
policymaking. The sustained attacks on our environment over the past two
years are enabled by an agency burying its head in the sand.

*The website changes reflect a broader attack on science and scientists
under the Trump administration.* Government climate scientists report being
prohibited from attending conferences or speaking publicly about their work.
3 Scientific advisory boards have been disbanded.4 Funding for research has
been cut.

*The ultimate effect of this censorship is to suppress scientific
information when we need it most. *Since the EPA's move to censor climate
science from the public, temperatures keep rising. Hurricanes Irma, Maria
and Harvey inflicted billions in damage. Wildfires in California devoured
thousands of homes and tragically took over 100 lives.

It’s time for the EPA to stop trying to hide the truth of how our climate
is changing and how burning fossil fuel is behind this crisis.

*Tell the EPA: Stand up for science. Put the facts on climate change back
on the EPA website. Click the link below to sign the petition:*

*https://act.credoaction.com/sign/EPA-dontdelete?t=9&akid=32043%2E2153057%2ELqVyoj
<https://act.credoaction.com/sign/EPA-dontdelete?t=8&akid=32043%2E2153057%2ELqVyoj>*

*Thanks* for fighting back,

Brandy Doyle, Campaign Manager