Can't get much luckier than that, Steve. There used to be a great horned
nest in large pine in the La Platte River marsh, not far up the trail from
Shelburne schools on east side of the creek. No idea if that site is used
now.

I have a (sounds like I own them!) pair of barred owls over here. I've
encountered both of them in the woods and, occasionally, one of them will
show up perched in a tree close to the house.

My sister says there is a short-eared owl close to where she lives on
Carpenter Rd. in Charlotte. She hears it most evenings while on her run.

Charlie La Rosa
So. Washington