My guess is that the listing needed to be done before the farming got really busy. May 5 was the earliest date the abstracts of individual lists were filed. That gave the listers a period of time to inspect the properties with little chance there would be changes. Little construction went on that time of year. Inspections could happen a month or so either side of April 1.

Mary Jane Grace

Ps I retired six years ago today.

Sent from my iPhone