[]

From: "Mikulewicz, Michael"
<<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]>

I am delighted to invite you to join us and hear from one of GCU's
flagship research centres, the Centre for Climate Justice on
Thursday, April 4th, 6pm.
During the World Economic Forum held in January 2019 in Davos, Sir
David Attenborough underscored the threats posed by anthropogenic
climate change to both humankind and the planet, and cautioned world
leaders that "if we damage the natural world, we damage ourselves."
Indeed, the current and future impacts of climate change on people's
health and wellbeing are of growing concern for local communities and
decision-makers around the globe, especially in urban areas where the
majority of the world's population now resides. According to the
World Health Organization (WHO), air pollution and climate change are
among the top ten threats to global health in 2019, and between 2030
and 2050, climate change will claim around 250,000 lives every year
due to malnutrition, heat stress, and other climate-related causes.
These health risks, particularly pressing for the poor and
marginalized, should be considered an issue of climate injustice.

With this in mind, the Centre for Climate Justice at Glasgow
Caledonian University is organizing a Townhall to foster an exchange
of ideas and to advance collaboration to combat the negative health
impacts of climate change in the world's cities. The event will
provide an opportunity to discuss this serious challenge in
anticipation of the inaugural World Forum on Climate Justice to be
hosted by the Centre for Climate Justice in June 2019 in Glasgow, Scotland.

<https://gcnycclimatejustice.eventbrite.com/>
[]
[]

I do hope you can join us as we celebrate Tartan Week and you can
also visit our <https://www.gcu.ac.uk/alumni/tartanweek2019/>website
to view our full events programme.

Professor Tahseen Jafry
Professor Jafry has pioneered The Centre for Climate Justice at
Glasgow Caledonian University. With an initial partnership with the
Mary Robinson Foundation for Climate Justice she has developed a
sound academic base for climate justice research and
learning/teaching. Professor Jafry is qualified as both an engineer
and a social scientist and has accumulated extensive research and
development experience over 20 years. Her work has spanned 14
countries in the Global South covering Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia
and the Small Island States.
http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/i/FE/3E0/CDA/232851/csfinal/Image-9900

http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/i/FE/3E0/CDA/232851/csfinal/gcubandwPN

Glasgow Caledonian University is a Registered Scottish Charity.
Charity number SC021474

<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>The<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>
Fight Against Monsanto's Roundup: The Politics of Pesticides
(SkyHorse, 2019), authored by Mitchel Cohen, is now available at
bookstores everywhere! Please click on link to learn more.