Brian Tokar will be speaking on this panel TONIGHT (Thursday, April 4) in SoHo, Manhattan, at Glasgow Caledonian University's center at 64 Wooster St. (between Grand St. and Spring St). Brian will be joined by Cecil Corbin-Mark from WEACT, and Jaqlene Moran speaking on public health aspects of climate justice. Moderator is Tahseen Jafry from GCU, editor of the recent Routledge Handbook of Climate Justice.

Event is Free, but RSVP please.

[log in to unmask]" width=123 height=53 alt="[]">

From: "Mikulewicz, Michael" < [log in to unmask]>

I am delighted to invite you to join us and hear from one of GCU's flagship research centres, the Centre for Climate Justice on Thursday, April 4th, 6pm.
During the World Economic Forum held in January 2019 in Davos, Sir David Attenborough underscored the threats posed by anthropogenic climate change to both humankind and the planet, and cautioned world leaders that "if we damage the natural world, we damage ourselves."
Indeed, the current and future impacts of climate change on people's health and wellbeing are of growing concern for local communities and decision-makers around the globe, especially in urban areas where the majority of the world's population now resides. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), air pollution and climate change are among the top ten threats to global health in 2019, and between 2030 and 2050, climate change will claim around 250,000 lives every year due to malnutrition, heat stress, and other climate-related causes. These health risks, particularly pressing for the poor and marginalized, should be considered an issue of climate injustice.

With this in mind, the Centre for Climate Justice at Glasgow Caledonian University is organizing a Townhall to foster an exchange of ideas and to advance collaboration to combat the negative health impacts of climate change in the world's cities. The event will provide an opportunity to discuss this serious challenge in anticipation of the inaugural World Forum on Climate Justice to be hosted by the Centre for Climate Justice in June 2019 in Glasgow, Scotland.

[log in to unmask]" width=119 height=49 alt="[]"> [log in to unmask]" width=123 height=53 alt="[]">
I do hope you can join us as we celebrate Tartan Week and you can also visit our website to view our full events programme.

Professor Tahseen Jafry
Professor Jafry has pioneered The Centre for Climate Justice at Glasgow Caledonian University. With an initial partnership with the Mary Robinson Foundation for Climate Justice she has developed a sound academic base for climate justice research and learning/teaching. Professor Jafry is qualified as both an engineer and a social scientist and has accumulated extensive research and development experience over 20 years. Her work has spanned 14 countries in the Global South covering Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia and the Small Island States.
[log in to unmask]" width=300 height=450 alt="http://i2.cmail20.com/ei/i/FE/3E0/CDA/232851/csfinal/Image-9900">
[log in to unmask]" width=240 height=143 alt="http://i3.cmail20.com/ei/i/FE/3E0/CDA/232851/csfinal/gcubandwPN">

Glasgow Caledonian University is a Registered Scottish Charity. Charity number SC021474

The Fight Against Monsanto's Roundup: The Politics of Pesticides (SkyHorse, 2019), authored by Mitchel Cohen, is now available at bookstores everywhere! Please click on link to learn more.