From: "Anne Isakowitsch, SumOfUs.org" <[log in to unmask]>

Mr. Bayer-Monsanto has to resign, and Bayer must change

Chemicals giant Bayer is out of control -- and its CEO must step down
before he does any more harm.

Bee-killing neonics. Cancer-causing glyphosate. The list goes on and
on. It's got to change!

Sign our petition to Bayer's top boss, and I'll deliver it to him
NEXT FRIDAY at the company's annual shareholder meeting in Germany.

<https://act.sumofus.org/go/451203?t=13&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>Sign
the petition

Bayer is dragging suffering cancer patients through court. It's
churning out one toxic pesticide after another while lobbying hard to
keep them on the market. And it's gained unprecedented control over
our food supply by merging with Monsanto.

One man is responsible for all this: Werner Baumann, CEO of
Bayer-Monsanto. And the time is overdue for him to resign.

You can help make it happen. Next Friday, April 26, we're headed to
Bayer's big annual shareholder meeting to make the case that
Baumann's greedy business model is hurting people, the planet -- and
Bayer's reputation. And we're going to deliver this petition to prove
that people like you think so, too.

We know some Bayer shareholders want Baumann out -- there's talk of a
"revolt" this year after two courts in the United States ordered the
company to pay tens of millions of dollars in damages to Monsanto's
cancer victims. With enough members like you on our side, we can get
him replaced with someone who'll reverse Bayer's destructive path.

<https://act.sumofus.org/go/451203?t=1&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>Demand
that Werner Baumann step down as Bayer's CEO!

The minute Baumann took over as Bayer's head honcho in 2016, he
started working on the Monsanto mega-merger -- a disastrous
acquisition that spawned the biggest and most dangerous agrochemical
corporation in the world.

That merger gave him control over the toxic herbicide glyphosate --
which he still insists is not linked to cancer, despite US courts
ruling otherwise. Under his direction, Bayer is refusing to pay
glyphosate victims like Dewayne "Lee" Johnson the damages they deserve.

At the same time, the corporation is lobbying tooth and nail to get
its bee-killing neonicotinoid pesticides back on European shelves,
after SumOfUs members like you pushed the EU to ban them last year.

<https://act.sumofus.org/go/451203?t=2&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>Werner
Baumann is a menace: Tell him to resign!

SumOfUs members like you have been challenging Bayer every step of
the way -- and you're helping stop it dead in its tracks to protect
our bees, food supplies, and our health. Without your people power at
this big meeting, we won't stand a chance of making an impact.

You've done this before. Public pressure from over 70,000 SumOfUs
members like you helped get villainous Uber CEO Travis Kalanick to
resign in 2017.

With Bayer's stock tumbling fast after its latest court loss, now's
the time to push for meaningful change and a leader who won't put
people, bees, and global food supplies in danger while chasing after
a quick buck. We've got less than two weeks to go -- will you sign
and give Bayer a piece of your mind?

<https://act.sumofus.org/go/451203?t=3&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>Bayer
CEO Werner Baumann: Resign now!
[]

<https://act.sumofus.org/go/451203?t=12&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>Sign
the petition

Thanks for all that you do,
Anne, Eoin and the team at SumOfUs

More information:

<http://act.sumofus.org/go/435490?t=14&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>I
Won a Historic Lawsuit, But May Not Live to Get the Money, TIME, 21
November 2018
<https://act.sumofus.org/go/450535?t=15&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>Monsanto
takeover 'a good idea' despite lawsuits says Bayer CEO, Industry
Europe, 25 March 2019
<https://act.sumofus.org/go/450536?t=16&akid=54788%2E1490015%2E6fVOGp>Safe
Or Not, Roundup Is Toxic for Bayer, Der Spiegel, 10 January 2019

<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>The<https://www.thepoliticsofpesticides.com/>
Fight Against Monsanto's Roundup: The Politics of Pesticides
(SkyHorse, 2019), authored by Mitchel Cohen, is now available at
bookstores everywhere! Please click on link to learn more.