Came across the references from the initial studies from U of W on LEA duplex who were the first to define the 2:1 velocity ratio. Later again validated by Cossman and others.

From: Bill Schroedter <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2019 10:01 AM
To: 'UVM Flownet' <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Arterial duplex criteria

I reference that paper as well Ann Marie.  Jeannie Ellison worked on this many years ago and it was validated with angiography. We have used both the ratio and absolute peak systolic velocity with good success. Jager, et.al. from U of W was first to validate the 2:1 for a greater than 50% a couple years prior as I remember. These have stood the test of time in my estimation.

Bill

William B Schroedter, BS, RVT, RPhS, FSVU

4120 Woodmere Park Blvd

Suite 8B

Venice, Florida  34293

www.qualityvascular.com