I found a beautiful piece of slender driftwood along the lake and brought
it home to figure out how best to place it. I leaned it against the deck
railing a dozen feet away from a hummingbird feeder.

Turns out the hummingbirds have found it to be the perfect perch to rest
after feeding instead of flying to the edge of the woods. The slender
branches have been a good fit for hummingbird feet.
The perch allows us to view the birds close up. Other bird species have
taken to using it as well. A simple addition that has made a big change in
hummingbird behavior.