Have spent days trying to i.d. persistent song of warbler I could not
get a view of foraging high in big old and heavily blooming
crabapples. Yesterday finally entered 'passerine' sp in ebird thinking
it a lost cause, because it was none of the songs normally sung in
this garden. This early morning I posted myself very still with binos
and sure enough the singer of a song my Golden guide (yes) correctly
describes as 'loud, unevenly spaced chips, more rapid at the end' made
himself available at a lower altitude (all-white underparts
diagnostic), singing constantly. Naturally I checked Audubon guide and
Cornell (which seems to have no definitive voice for Tennessee), but
the Audubon songs are all spot on. a good birding day to all.Veer
Frost, Passumpsic NEK
Sent using Hushmail