Thanks!  That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember for sure.

There have been other mast years followed by crop failure (happens
regularly), most notably resulting in a lot of squashed squirrels on the
roads, but I sure don't remember this Bluejay influx happening before.
Guess I just wasn't paying attention...

When I was hawkwatching regularly in the fall, we used to marvel at the
huge numbers of Jays flooding past to the south every few years.

Jane Stein
(Shoreham)