Now I’m a believer! I’d heard and read for years that orioles find oranges and the color orange irresistible, so every single year I put out an orange plastic nectar feeder as well as some cut oranges. Once, ONCE, I saw an oriole at a hummingbird feeder. Just once, in over thirty years. But this year I tried again - and the orioles have been coming in groups! Yesterday one or two males made several visits to the orange, and this morning there were two males and a female at the same time. Their rich beautiful song is all around us now!
Maeve Kim, Jericho Center