I have had orioles for about a week or so, just by slicing oranges and sticking them on the end of branches of a lilac bush which is right outside our window.  If there is one in the area I think he will find it right away.  I had one within an hour .  Good luck!

Mary spencer
Duxbury

Sent from my iPad