I heard the Least Bittern at Otter View Park in Middlebury a little before 4pm this afternoon. I was near the "council ring" of stones in the Northeast corner of the field when I heard the "chuckling" call from the other side of the trees in the marsh to the East.

A neighbor who lives near the park reported to me that she had heard it around 9am from the boardwalk too.

---
Ron Payne
Middlebury, VT