Feed suet in upside down feeder. Only Woodpeckers,Chichadees and Orioles will eat upside down so eliminates Jay's and Blackbirds.
Placing an orange in small plastic dish attached to wooden rail or branch works well
and Abit if Vicks Vaporub near it will discourage squirrels. Works on top of bird feeders as well and they remember so don't come back.
Marylyn Pillsbury
So Hero